Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How I discovered I was going hard of hearing

My deafness discovery was as funny as when I found out I was going bald.

On the second case, I was in business trip overseas. I went to take a shower, and the bathroom of the hotel had mirror all over the place. Suddenly, I was able to check just how bald I was on the back of my head. I still entertained the idea that I lacked hair only on the front.

I immediately called my wife, overseas, mind you, to give her the news. She obviously replied, "I have known this for a long time".

As for finding out my hearing was going to the dumps...

I was in bed, just about waking up. It was raining outside, and I just thought to myself, "I don't want to get out of bed, the sound of the rain falling is sooooooooooooooo nice". Then I shifted around in bed. Before, I had my left ear unimpeded, and I heard the rain. When the right one was left to do the work, the rain stopped!

Just like I called my wife to let her know I was going bald, I actually believed, for a second that the rain had stopped. Fact was, I could not hear the rain drops, only with my right ear uncovered.

This must have been some fifteen years ago.  

No comments:

Post a Comment